One of my biggest challenges when I was on Slimming World was finding sweet treats that I could eat without wasting all of my syns, or going off the rails and face-planting a Mars Bar. I have seen yoghurt bark pop up a few times – it usually a bit of a synful affair – but I have heard and seen a few people make it this way now (I think Jade from Late for Reality was one of those people, I can’t find it on her blog but I’ve linked to her Slimming World posts here). It’s a really simple thing to make but it FEELS naughty, and it FEELS decadent, when actually, it’s syn free if you are using your HexB (and even then you’d have to eat it all) and the raspberries are speed too. Plus, as it’s so cold, from the freezer, it takes longer to eat and you eat less of it too!
So let’s see what you need to make it then!
Two tubs of your favourite Müller Light yoghurt – I chose the Vanilla with Chocolate shavings for this version.
Two HiFi bars of choice.
Fruit of choice.
A baking sheet.
- Line your baking sheet with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Pour on your yoghurts and spread into an even layer.
- Slice your fruit and chop your HiFi bars.
- Sprinkle over the yoghurt layer.
- Pop in the freezer for a few hours until completely set and frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and break into shards – you could cut it if preferred, but where’s the fun in that?!
- Eat immediately, or pop the yoghurty shards in a tupperware container and return to the freezer for the next time that a serious case of peckish strikes!
Other combinations that would be great:
Chocolate Orange – Müller Light Orange Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate with Mandarin segments and the HiFi Double Choc Crisp bars.
Banoffee Pie – Müller Light Toffee marbled with Müller Light Banana & Custard with banana slices, and the HiFi Salted Caramel bars.
Summer Fruits – Müller Light Strawberry with blueberries, strawberry and raspberries and the HiFi Rocky Road bars.