25 Signs That It's Nearly Christmas

1) Even though your Christmas tree was practically collapsing last year, under the weight of the hundreds of decorations you already own, suddenly you need LOTS MORE.
2) Having a theme for your Christmas gift-wrapping is definitely a thing.

3) But the thought of writing Christmas cards feels like homework.

4) You don’t normally buy that much coffee, but all of a sudden it is your quest to hold a Starbucks red cup in your hand with a suitable background from which to photograph it from. *Uploads to Instagram: “Red cups are finally here! Woo!”*

5) The Christmas emojis are out in full-swing, Because everything is better said with a Santa face.

6) You’re ready to fight your corner over the best Christmas song of all time. Ahem…Mariah Carey…

7) The one present your child wants is the one present that is out of stock everywhere. Hatchimals – I’m looking at you.

8) You spend about three hours of your life (that you’ll never get back) untangling fairy lights.

9) The Christmas deals always seem to be on when you have exactly 61p in your bank account.

10) Your weekly food shops start to contain random additions such as chestnuts and After Eights. The latter of which will need repurchasing because you ate them absentmindedly while watching X Factor last weekend.

11) You begin to panic that all of the turkey will be sold out and you’ll ruin Christmas. Even though this has never happened before, ever.

12) You wonder just how many pigs in blankets is too many pigs in blankets and realise that there is no such thing as too many pigs in blankets, and buy 50.

13) You wear red lipstick. Because it’s dead festive. This also goes for glittery nail varnish and sometimes tinsel.

14) The work Christmas party suddenly becomes the social event of the year.  Until someone suggests a seating plan.

15) The battle of the Christmas adverts is on. A boxer on a trampoline, a carrot, Mrs Claus (my personal favourite).

16) Ah, mulled wine. Drink it because it is officially the beverage of Christmas. All the time. It’s warm so the alcohol is pretty much burned off right?

17) Suddenly, festive prints have never been so appealing. Must buy Christmas socks. Snowman leggings. And find the perfect Christmas jumper that is both stylish and correctly defines me as a person.

18) It’s the only time of year that you ever Google: “Things to do with sprouts.”

19) It’s socially acceptable to hang fairy lights off everything. Like beds, windowsills and toddlers.

20) The idea of buying Christmas outfits for your pets has crossed your mind more than once.

21) You buy a ridiculously festive pair of Christmas pyjamas for your kids to open on Christmas Eve, with full knowledge that they will still be wearing them come June. We just won’t Instagram that though.

22) You wish for snow, every day, until it snows, and you’re blissfully happy when it does. But because you’re British you start whinging two hours later, because you’re cold, traffic is a nightmare and you’ve just fallen over.

23) You have sudden urges to watch Love Actually, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Holiday, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone 1 & 2, but not 3, because that kid is not Macaulay Culkin.

24) Suddenly everything tastes better when it tastes of Christmas. You buy Christmas sandwiches on your lunch-break. You seriously consider a Christmas dinner-themed pizza. Mince pie cookies? I shall buy them all. Coffee that doesn’t taste like coffee but actually cake – YES.

25) You remember that there are two types of people in the world – clearly defined by whether or not you have ever uttered the phrase: “But it’s still November!”

photo 763_zpsxttzfejg.gif

Caroline Kinson
    14th November 2016 at 10:36 am

you have basically just summed up my whole life lol but I think number 23 has to be my personal favourite!

Captured By Jade
    14th November 2016 at 11:56 am

What a great list – I think we can all relate; but I definitely love number 23!! I've eaten far too many After Eights already… And we aren't even go to but the chocolate tree ornaments this year, because in all honesty the tree went up on the 1st Dec last year and those were all gone by the 2nd!

Reaching for Sirius
    14th November 2016 at 12:07 pm

Love this Charlotte, really funny, but SO true!! I'm totally a Christmas in November person, not a tree or anything like that, but you've got to be prepared! xx

Becky
    15th November 2016 at 2:44 pm

Haha these are all so true! I felt so reassured reading it that I'm not the only one who does/thinks these things!

Laura Little Ladies Big World
    18th November 2016 at 4:58 pm

All of the above – apart from the tinsel, the tinsel should definitely be firmly left in Christmas past!

Lucy - Hello Beautiful Bear
    18th November 2016 at 7:09 pm

I nodded like the Churchill dog to ALL of these, I don't know how you've done it but you've perfectly summed up my entire life right now! It's absolutely my favourite time of the year, Christmas is completely taking over my life (and I don't mind at all!) X X

Chantal Milk and Nappies
    20th November 2016 at 8:14 pm

Hahahaha these are all sooooo true (and I currently have 66p in my bank account haha) xx

cabinet doors reno
    15th September 2018 at 6:50 am

Additiоnally, sһgould your eхterrior or
    indoo pipelines have fractures, cool air cluld permeate throuցh tthem and also induce piρes to freeze.
    When looking for the prfect one, there are severɑl characteristics you
    may wаnt to consider to make sure that yoou reeceive the
    best. The portable restroomms are suitaƄle for temporarу efents at
    the ѕame time as ⅼong-term purposes.

23rd September 2018 at 7:24 pm

Having moved about a gazillion times (and preparing yourself to do
    it again), I advocate, and dis-advocate a few of these recommendations:

1. Simply fold the end of the packing tape over. This does not need any additional devices such as a toothpick which you will lose then need to
    go discover more toothpicks. Be prepared to poke yourself in unanticipated locations with
    lost toothpicks (particularly those ones on the flooring).

2. YOU HAD TO EMPTY YOUR BEDROOM CABINET! Reason # 1 – Clothing are heavy, and depending upon the toughness of
    your dresser, they will move around and possibly skew the drawers.
    This happened to me with a cheaper cabinet. I had the ability to get
    it back together, which readies because I was a grad student
    and didn’t have funds for another furniture piece.

3. STILL, YOU NEED TO EMPTY YOUR BED ROOM DRESSER! Reason # 3
    – The clothing are still heavy and depending on the weight of your dresser, you will end up with a furniture piece so
    remarkably heavy it will be difficult to move. Particularly if
    it has to go up stairs on someone’s back (let’s hope it’s not yours).

4. I dis-advocate socks or other knit clothing items as packaging material.
    While they are soft, socks around big glasses extend them out.
    This is fine if you are a person with big feet,
    but girls socks will become unwearable. Also, you want to ensure whatever you cover your socks or other knitwear around is tidy.

My father evacuated boxes and boxes of dirty knickknacks utilizing his substantial collection of knit golf shirts.
    They were completely gross after being wrapped around dirty items, stretched out, and some had holes from the sharp edges
    of a few of the things. My mom was doing laundry for days after the relocation (I
    believe she ought to have made him do it).

5. I totally advocate taking a photo of the back of your TELEVISION, and perhaps drawing a diagram of
    it too. And labeling the cables. Makes hooking everything back up in the brand-new location sooooo much easier.

I found out that lesson the hard way.

6. There is a reason you pack books in the SMALL boxes.
    Like clothing, they are heavy. Loading them in luggage only works if you utilize a small suitcase.
    Otherwise, you wind up with a behemoth of a bag that with wheels, you can just proceed
    flat surfaces and with an elevator. Depending upon the density of the books and
    quality of your bag, you might also end up destroying your
    luggage. Load your clothing in them rather considering that it’s what they were made for.

All the best movers!

o weekly world news
    16th October 2018 at 6:05 am

If that suits you reading news, why don’t you use an online news aggregate to help enhance your comprehension skills inside thhe new vernacular.
    The relationships you establish may be the difference
    between business energy and some time wasted. You must realise that when you pen a brand new
    Forex position that you simply are,in reality, trading currency pairs like a
    single unit.