25 Signs That It's Nearly Christmas

1) Even though your Christmas tree was practically collapsing last year, under the weight of the hundreds of decorations you already own, suddenly you need LOTS MORE.
2) Having a theme for your Christmas gift-wrapping is definitely a thing.

3) But the thought of writing Christmas cards feels like homework.

4) You don’t normally buy that much coffee, but all of a sudden it is your quest to hold a Starbucks red cup in your hand with a suitable background from which to photograph it from. *Uploads to Instagram: “Red cups are finally here! Woo!”*

5) The Christmas emojis are out in full-swing, Because everything is better said with a Santa face.

6) You’re ready to fight your corner over the best Christmas song of all time. Ahem…Mariah Carey…

7) The one present your child wants is the one present that is out of stock everywhere. Hatchimals – I’m looking at you.

8) You spend about three hours of your life (that you’ll never get back) untangling fairy lights.

9) The Christmas deals always seem to be on when you have exactly 61p in your bank account.

10) Your weekly food shops start to contain random additions such as chestnuts and After Eights. The latter of which will need repurchasing because you ate them absentmindedly while watching X Factor last weekend.

11) You begin to panic that all of the turkey will be sold out and you’ll ruin Christmas. Even though this has never happened before, ever.

12) You wonder just how many pigs in blankets is too many pigs in blankets and realise that there is no such thing as too many pigs in blankets, and buy 50.

13) You wear red lipstick. Because it’s dead festive. This also goes for glittery nail varnish and sometimes tinsel.

14) The work Christmas party suddenly becomes the social event of the year.  Until someone suggests a seating plan.

15) The battle of the Christmas adverts is on. A boxer on a trampoline, a carrot, Mrs Claus (my personal favourite).

16) Ah, mulled wine. Drink it because it is officially the beverage of Christmas. All the time. It’s warm so the alcohol is pretty much burned off right?

17) Suddenly, festive prints have never been so appealing. Must buy Christmas socks. Snowman leggings. And find the perfect Christmas jumper that is both stylish and correctly defines me as a person.

18) It’s the only time of year that you ever Google: “Things to do with sprouts.”

19) It’s socially acceptable to hang fairy lights off everything. Like beds, windowsills and toddlers.

20) The idea of buying Christmas outfits for your pets has crossed your mind more than once.

21) You buy a ridiculously festive pair of Christmas pyjamas for your kids to open on Christmas Eve, with full knowledge that they will still be wearing them come June. We just won’t Instagram that though.

22) You wish for snow, every day, until it snows, and you’re blissfully happy when it does. But because you’re British you start whinging two hours later, because you’re cold, traffic is a nightmare and you’ve just fallen over.

23) You have sudden urges to watch Love Actually, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Holiday, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street and Home Alone 1 & 2, but not 3, because that kid is not Macaulay Culkin.

24) Suddenly everything tastes better when it tastes of Christmas. You buy Christmas sandwiches on your lunch-break. You seriously consider a Christmas dinner-themed pizza. Mince pie cookies? I shall buy them all. Coffee that doesn’t taste like coffee but actually cake – YES.

25) You remember that there are two types of people in the world – clearly defined by whether or not you have ever uttered the phrase: “But it’s still November!”

photo 763_zpsxttzfejg.gif

Caroline Kinson
    14th November 2016 at 10:36 am

you have basically just summed up my whole life lol but I think number 23 has to be my personal favourite!

Captured By Jade
    14th November 2016 at 11:56 am

What a great list – I think we can all relate; but I definitely love number 23!! I've eaten far too many After Eights already… And we aren't even go to but the chocolate tree ornaments this year, because in all honesty the tree went up on the 1st Dec last year and those were all gone by the 2nd!

Reaching for Sirius
    14th November 2016 at 12:07 pm

Love this Charlotte, really funny, but SO true!! I'm totally a Christmas in November person, not a tree or anything like that, but you've got to be prepared! xx

Becky
    15th November 2016 at 2:44 pm

Haha these are all so true! I felt so reassured reading it that I'm not the only one who does/thinks these things!

Laura Little Ladies Big World
    18th November 2016 at 4:58 pm

All of the above – apart from the tinsel, the tinsel should definitely be firmly left in Christmas past!

Lucy - Hello Beautiful Bear
    18th November 2016 at 7:09 pm

I nodded like the Churchill dog to ALL of these, I don't know how you've done it but you've perfectly summed up my entire life right now! It's absolutely my favourite time of the year, Christmas is completely taking over my life (and I don't mind at all!) X X

Chantal Milk and Nappies
    20th November 2016 at 8:14 pm

Hahahaha these are all sooooo true (and I currently have 66p in my bank account haha) xx

cabinet doors reno
    15th September 2018 at 6:50 am

Additiоnally, sһgould your eхterrior or
    indoo pipelines have fractures, cool air cluld permeate throuցh tthem and also induce piρes to freeze.
    When looking for the prfect one, there are severɑl characteristics you
    may wаnt to consider to make sure that yoou reeceive the
    best. The portable restroomms are suitaƄle for temporarу efents at
    the ѕame time as ⅼong-term purposes.

6 finance place wa
    20th October 2018 at 10:45 am

In today’s dynamic economy, changes occur rapidly and you need to fit in. The difficulties
    in the economic conditions nowadays make us waant
    to have morte savings and less out-of-pocket spending.

1 trillion economy and has been the largest drjver
    in the world need for imports of products and services.

kanwar manoria digital incorporated
    21st October 2018 at 1:08 pm

Superb blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a
    paid option? There are so many choices out there
    that I’m completely confused .. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks!

tech news june 2017
    29th October 2018 at 4:17 am

Chaudhuri alkso asserted this type of technology will immensely increase the industry to build more solar powered energy mainly becfause it would aid in generating more renewable power without resorting to any extra natural resources.
    Mayy bee using this expense of advancement today it would
    bbe very difficult to keep pace with the generation coming ahead.
    Thee 8GB Nano holds approximately 2,000 songs
    or 8 hurs of video aand retails for A118.

xbox 1 latest news
    1st November 2018 at 6:05 pm

What you need to have is willpower being taught howw to create money making blogs whilst your business stable.
    Anyone can compose annd reveal any topic, from
    hobbies to political vies. A blog wrriting service knows how to spark the interest on our services andd
    products, thhat will drive more traffic and bring abot higher revenues for your small business.

메이저놀이터
    4th November 2018 at 1:47 am

I think that is among the most significant info for me. And
    i am happy reading your article. But should statement on some normal issues, The website taste is perfect, the articles is in reality nice : D.
    Just right job, cheers

blog english news
    4th November 2018 at 4:39 am

What you need to have is willpower to become taught how to create wealth creation blogs and make your business stable.
    There are many blog networks around that permit you to submit your site content and market your blog.
    The informal kind of your blog post gives Internet consumers an opportunity
    to become familiar with the people who are behind thee businness better, so that it is easier
    to allow them to trust you and spend money on yiur site.