Blog Daisy Nelle

Daisy Came Home

I remember asking the midwife, possibly ten minutes after my daughter was born: “When do you think we can go home?”

It was an amazing birth. Fast. Beautiful. And in that first hour, ignorance was bliss. We didn’t know what was to come. We didn’t know that her cleft palate would soon be detected. And everything would begin to unravel.

At the time, we thought it would be after the first ward round. 11:00am. No even in hospital for half a day.

Instead, it was six weeks and one day.

Six weeks and one day where my heart broke over and over again.

But she is home.

I will try my best to update on her birth story, and how we are in the days to come. But for now, forgive me if I retreat back into the the homecoming I expected. I get to play pretend. My baby is new and just home. And I am going to drink in every second of these weeks with my family.

Thank you so much, from the bottom of our hearts, for the love and support you have given me and my family. You don’t know how precious that has been for us.

Welcome home Daisy Nelle. We never imagined this day would come. But now you are here and we are complete.

Katie
    6th June 2016 at 6:42 am

Welcome home to Daisy Nelle, and happy new life as a family of four, there will be a lifetime of moments to treasure. So pleased for you all.

Katie x

Kim Carberry
    6th June 2016 at 9:46 am

Aww! I am so pleased she is home…You must be so relived! Enjoy your time as a family x

Molly Forbes
    6th June 2016 at 11:40 am

The sweetest video Charlotte – watched it with a huge grin on my face. So pleased your family's all back together under one roof again. xx

New Mum Online
    6th June 2016 at 4:28 pm

It's been incredible following your journey and so wonderful that it's had a happy ending, which too really is only a beginning. An amazing one xx

Danielle A
    8th June 2016 at 8:27 am

So pleased to see and read this πŸ™‚ xx

Amber Wilde
    8th June 2016 at 1:03 pm

I may never meet this baby but I care about her so much, and I'm so happy to see her home with her amazing family. Welcome home Daisy Nelle! xx

Laura Little Ladies Big World
    8th June 2016 at 6:10 pm

Such a beautiful post and video, it looks like an amazing day and she has the most adorable smile! Welcome home Daisy xx

A Cornish Mum Blog
    14th June 2016 at 7:36 pm

So pleased she got to come home, I've been loving your photos on Facebook but so feeling for you with everything you have all been through already. It must feel amazing to all be at home together πŸ™‚

Stevie x

dear little Lucas
    19th June 2016 at 9:12 pm

I literally think you're so brave and amazing as parents! My friends little one is in nicu and it's such a hard time and you've stayed so strong! ?

Jeremiah Lee
    29th June 2016 at 8:45 pm

It's such a lovely name, Daisy Nelle… Welcome home baby, praying for your overall well-being and more strength for your family especially to your mom. Your journey may not have started the way you wanted it, but soon everything will be okay again and this shall pass. Bring happiness and love to everyone, they're looking forward to it. And for those who are looking for great essays online and urgently writing an essay would be a great option.