So, this weekend, I finally finished packing my hospital bag, and baby girl’s hospital bag. I’d actually had the majority of things ready for a while, but I was waiting on a few last bits and needed to wash a few things too. But now, given that I’m 37 weeks pregnant, I’m quite pleased that I have it all sorted and ready for labour, whenever it decides to arrive.
I’ve actually packed quite a few things that are similar to last time around when I gave birth to Bill, but I’ve tried to take a bit less, so I’ve less to unpack when I get home from hospital. I also hope to be in for less time this time around, so I don’t think I’ll need as much at all.
I have to say that I headed to Primark for a lot of these items, as it’s so cheap and I don’t mind so much about throwing things away if I really have to. The holdall itself is actually from Primark too. It’s a holdall, but all has a handle that comes out of one side, and wheels on the other, so you can drag it like small suitcase too.
In terms of my birth, I’m hoping for a water birth this time around. And to try and avoid pain relief again, mainly because gas and air doesn’t agree with me (boy did it make me sick) and I’m hoping the water, and Hypnobirthing techniques will help. I don’t really like the idea of some of the other methods of pain relief, but I won’t go in with a strict idea in mind, if I need it, I’ll take it, so long as she arrives safely!
So what’s in my bag for baby number two? I’ve done a full list of items below, in categories, based on when I expect to use them. I’ve also included any links that might be useful. And then, if you want to see things in more detail, I’ve also done a video walking through everything I am taking and why too, which is at the end of the post. So hopefully they both help!
- My maternity notes.
- Birth plan.
- Lace trim nursing bra – The Essential One.
- A long-line black strappy top.
- An old baggy oversized t-shirt.
- My Next Bee Print Hooded Robe.
- Mini shampoo.
- Mini conditioner.
- Mini Batiste dry shampoo.
- Mini shower gel.
- Mini deodorant.
- Mini toothpaste.
- Body moisturiser.
- Face moisturiser.
- Hand sanitiser.
- Canesfresh wipes.
- Simple facial wipes.
- Extra chewing gum.
- Travel Tangle Teezer.
- Hair ties.
- Lip balm.
- Concealer – Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer.
- Blusher – NYX Baked Blush in Foreplay.
- Eyebrow pencil – Anastasia Brow Definer in Dark Brown.
- Mascara – Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara.
- Highlighter – theBalm Mary Lou Manizer.
- Blush brush.
- An old towel – dark ones are best!
- Belly Bandit Natural Bamboo.
- Maternity/Nursing Pyjamas – The Essential One
- Striped button-up pyjama shirt-dress (from Primark).
- A pack of four black bikini briefs – I buy mine a size too big for ultimate comfort (also from Primark).
- Three pairs of socks.
- Cheap flip-flops.
- Pull-on slippers.
- Silk Seamless Nursing Bra – Bravado
- Extra nursing bra – I bought mine from H&M.
New Mama Essentials
- Boots Maternity Pads – two packs. These are my favourite and I’ve tried about four brands!
- Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream – an absolute must-have for breastfeeding.
- Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads – around 8 (so four pairs).
- Pregnacare Breast-feeding
- Boots Arnica Pillules – a homeopathic remedy for bruising.
- A pair of comfy leggings.
- A long-line vest top.
- My Selfish Mother sweatshirt.
- Birkenstocks – in case my feet are a bit swollen.
- Snacks – I will probably grab some cereal bars and some boiled sweets. And we can get more food easily, should we need it.
- Bottles of water.
- Bottles of Powerade.
- Phone and charger.
- My Nikon D3100 and charger.
- My Canon G7X and charger.
- Headphones – in case I want to listen to Hypnobirthing tracks.