Blog Weekend Posts

The Weekend Post #21

We have had some really busy weekends recently – either ones where we are away, or ones where Bill is away – and it’s actually been really nice to stop and soak in family life, just us three. And our two cats of course.

After dieting like a demon and trying to hit 1,200 calories a day during the week, I really enjoyed being a bit more lax with my diet this weekend. I prefer to ‘diet’ this way, as I feel like it suits my schedule and means that I get the balance that I crave.

We began the day quite slowly. Mark rose first and left me snoring like a pretty hog in bed, and Bill was actually up last believe it or not. He always sleeps really well his first night back from his dad’s. I have no idea why that is, but I’m not complaining!

We all pottered around and did our own thing. I love doing the normal Saturday chores. The routine of it comforts me.
Mark did some things that he needed to tackle on his Man List, and Bill decided to steal my phone for some light YouTube viewing.
We all like to wear Christmas pyjamas in May, right?

I am going to do a proper post introducing this chap soon. But isn’t he just wonderful? He’s such a beautiful cat, and while my heart is still broken over losing Gatsby, I am happy to have welcomed our new boy into our lives. Even if I wish I could have three cats, not just two.

I love this snap. Even if he hasn’t yet learnt that cats in this house don’t climb onto kitchen surfaces, sing on top of the washing machine, and help themselves to leftover milk from cereal bowls by the sink.

Did you know that popping his thumb up is actually how Bill points too? That boy. So funny. Always. I think he was thumbing me up here – I hope so, or there must have been something menacing behind me.

Mark fell asleep on the sofa as I was having a very late midday shower, after a busy morning. So we tucked him up under a blanket and came outside.
We played.

We collected flowers.
“A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love.”

And we really did need to mow the lawns. The picture below makes me laugh. Look how tall the grass was! I told you we’d had some busy weekends!

Once chores were out of the way, we lit a BBQ (ours is from Wayfair) and I made us Banh Mi for tea.

It was incredible. You know, if I do say so myself.

I have been obsessed with knowing this girl’s every move recently. I am so fearful that we might lose her somehow. And I know that’s daft.
We’re introducing our new boy slowly, but I have to put her first. She’s been through a lot.
We had a stray cat visiting too, which threw us all off. I was torn, but our vets advised to monitor, just in case it’s a greedy neighbour’s cat. But I felt for Elsa, all these new cats around and still her brother hasn’t come home.
She looks for him. Still. I know it’s him she’s looking for.

These are the devil by the way. Don’t buy them if you’d like to stay slinky. The devil. Honest.

It’s actually Sunday morning as I write this. Well, midday actually. I’m still in my pyjamas and I need to get ready shortly, because we’re off to a birthday party at 2:00pm. It’s a bit of a weird one as it’s Bill’s friend from nursery who I have never met – I find this side of being a working mum really hard because I just don’t know anyone and I’ve never been to a birthday party as a parent before.
I’m guessing we just go along and join in! But I am nervous and would rather hide in my pyjamas, but Bill will love it and that’s what counts.

We’ve had breakfast (crumpets again) and I’m trying to make sure that both cats are happy, while entertaining Bill.
Elsa is dealing with our new arrival pretty well. There’s some hissing going on from time-to-time, but we’re told that’s normal. I’m hopeful that, in a few weeks, they will be good chums. That’s my ultimate cat goal.

And just a quick one – if you don’t want your toddler to look grown-up, don’t buy them shortie pyjamas. Bill looks about five in these dinosaur print PJs from H&M. He loves them. And I can’t get over how different he’s starting to look.

Anyway, I’m going to cut this short now, because I have to go and make myself party presentable and I’d like to just enjoy our afternoon without the need for a camera. Even bloggers like to step away from the camera once and a while. But saying that, there’s always Instagram.

Watch the vlog:

Share your weekend:

Kate
    1st June 2015 at 9:45 am

I'm not a cat person, but your cats are just so pretty! You capture them wonderfully x

Molly Forbes
    1st June 2015 at 11:50 am

We had a similar day like this yesterday – none of us got dressed before midday and we didn't even leave the house. It was bliss after a busy few weeks! Sometimes the days at home are the best. I can tell I'm getting old as I write that – I love nothing more than a weekend with no plans and lots of time to just potter about getting odd jobs and chores done. Weekends like that make the ones away even more special, I reckon. x

TheL'sMum
    1st June 2015 at 12:01 pm

Awww what a great weekend. I love reading these posts and that's what has inspired me to capture ours. It's going to be amazing to look back on. I'm sure Romeo will blend right in with Elsa. Like you we had a relaxing weekend at home mostly, getting ready for my little boys big birthday today as he is 2. Scary.

koz
    1st June 2015 at 12:18 pm

I feel your cat fears!! our little kitty was missing for a few months, our 2 year old beside herself, we finally found him, he had been kept 2 doors down. We got him back and he had such a horrific tail injury he had to have it amputated so he looks all sorry for himself now and we are so fearful he will escape again!!!

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor
    1st June 2015 at 1:35 pm

Oh what a lovely round up of the week darling. 🙂

Polly Davies
    1st June 2015 at 2:19 pm

looks like a great weekend, feel your kitty fears though we lost two last year, then one went for a week and came back super thin :*(

Katie @mummydaddyme
    1st June 2015 at 3:09 pm

Those kinds of weekends are just perfect Charlotte. Romeo is a stunning cat, I hope he is enjoying being the new addition to the family. I love your photography on these posts. x

Lori Taylor Arnold
    1st June 2015 at 3:36 pm

I love slow weekend where you just potter about. We had a weekend like that and it was ace. Also you've motivated me to try and get back on track with my fitness! x

Donna Wishart
    1st June 2015 at 4:20 pm

It sounds like another lovely, normal, ordinary weekend. I often think the simple ones are the best x

Adele Jarrett-Kerr @ circusqueen.co.uk
    1st June 2015 at 10:46 pm

Your new cat looks so much like our Bojangles. In fact, maybe I should be making sure he's about?! 😛 We all need weekends like that. This has been a good reminder that we have been way too busy lately.

Dont Call Me Step Mummy
    2nd June 2015 at 3:43 am

Romeo is a very handsome cat, I'm glad he's settling in so well. Poor Elsa, the photo of her by the window makes my heart ache. Good on you for going to the party, I would've probably stayed at home, you're a great Mum stepping out of your comfort zone for your son. By the way Bill looks awesome in the garden shots in his Hunters. Very cute x

KatGotTheCream
    2nd June 2015 at 12:30 pm

Ooh that barbecue looked delicious. Sounds like a lovely mix of relaxing and getting stuff done, which I like too x

Lottie :: Oyster and Pearl
    9th June 2015 at 10:24 pm

That barbecue looks ace and I'm practically dribbling at the sight of your food!