Rainbow Themed First Birthday Party Inspiration

William is one in just over one week and I’ve been frantically planning his party. We’ve decided on a rainbow theme, because he really is as bright and as colourful as a rainbow, and I love the idea of having lots of bright colours dotted around, which he’d love to look at and touch.

I’m planning on baking his birthday cake myself, as well as lots of treats and snacks. But after a chat with Lucy (of Dear Beautiful) and some serious Pinterest activity, I think I have a lot more inspiration, and a few tricks up my sleeve too! I’m so excited!

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Source.

Have you any ideas to share with me? And what were your first birthday party themes?

Mummy Daddy and Me makes Three
    4th June 2013 at 5:33 pm

I love the idea of a rainbow theme, I bet it will look great! We had a small first birthday for Mads cause it was Christmas Eve, but we obviously had a Christmas theme! I am going to go all out for LLs as its not over Christmas! X

Alison Holmes
    4th June 2013 at 7:32 pm

This theme looks like a fantastic one! And for such good reasons. I can imagine that Ikea may have some decorative items! Just a thought. I hope that you enjoy the planning in the bittersweet moments that are the run up to a baby's 1st Birthday! Cannot wait to see how it all goes – brilliantly, I am sure.

Ali Xx

Helen - sittinginthekitchensink
    4th June 2013 at 8:13 pm

Love the wool wrapped round the parcels – looks great to fiddle with (if you're a one year old!) I was going to make a cake with bunting strung across it like your pic, but I ended up making carrot cake muffins instead (much easier!). We didn't really have a theme as such – I strung some homemade bunting up and a few tissue pom poms (which are all still hung up, 2 weeks later!) – but love the idea of having lots of bright, colourful things for W to investigate. You could make rainbow jelly too! Pour in a layer, leave to set, and repeat!
    Can't wait to see some party pics 🙂 x

Emma Maxwell
    5th June 2013 at 5:38 pm

Oh! I love the idea of a rainbow theme for a party, I am so going to try it. Those cupcakes are genius with their sky and clouds icing.

I'm a newbie in this land and would love to follow you if that is ok 🙂

lucy at dear beautiful
    5th June 2013 at 7:29 pm

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but rainbows is a great theme for a first birthday party. So bright and fun. I loved doing it for the little man, and I'd do it all over again for the little miss if that wasn't terribly unoriginal. Can't wait to see what you do. x

Collette R
    5th June 2013 at 10:03 pm

No way! I was planning on having the same theme for Caelen's birthday! My brother is studying to be a chef so he wants to make the rainbow layer cake…. I'll have to get back to Pinterest!

Can't wait to see how Willian's party turns out, I can't believe he's almost one!

xo

Ashley Elizabeth
    6th June 2013 at 6:44 pm

Such a cute idea!!

25 Creative Birthday Party Ideas to Make Yours Unforgettable - social phenomenon
    17th August 2018 at 4:15 pm