It's gone so quickly and there's only three more weeks until I find out if the little one in there is a boy or a girl. I'm so excited and I'm really starting to embrace being pregnant. I may as well enjoy it, warts and all.
- I'm no longer being sick! I haven't actually been sick for a good few weeks now, even though sometimes I feel a little queasy. I have become accustomed to any dodgy moments and I'm finally able to eat some proper meals again, as opposed to nibbling on whatever I could manage. I know it seems like such a small thing, but this has been amazing for me. I didn't like relying on my anti-sickness tablets and I feel much more human again.
- I think I'm getting a bump. A few of you have asked me to get a bump photo on here but, to be honest, you'll probably be met with extreme disappointment as there isn't much by way of a bump at the moment. It's there, but nothing to shout home about. I have days where I'm bigger as I think baby has shifted position so they are lying with their head outwards. Apparently baby is now the size of a sweet potato, which baffles me as I've yet to feel any movement and I still feel so tiny! It's the first time in a while that I've actually felt small in comparison to other people - some mums on my Baby Centre Birth Group have massive bumps and my little one seems to have gone into hiding. Hoping I may get a bump for Christmas - that would be nice wouldn't it! But for now, there's this, which I took at the weekend when I woke up. In my opinion, looks like I ate WAY too many pies.
- I'm less tired now, but I could still sleep all day. At least now I'm able to function, without worrying about falling asleep at my computer or while cooking Spag Bol (you laugh, but it's almost happened).
- I've become addicted to baths. Quite literally. I will have one every, single night after work as I find myself getting some 'growing pains' and achy joints. I'm enjoying using up the items that have come in my beauty box subscriptions and having a good old pamper. It makes me feel TONS better.
- I've had a few cravings but none of them are weird or wonderful. I mainly crave cheese and dairy, and I've been guzzling glasses of milk - particularly milkshakes - like it's going out of fashion. Cravings apparently stem from what your baby needs the most, so my bubba must really enjoy its calcium. And its sugar. And its carbs. Oops. I've also enjoyed sharp and tangy things, particularly apples and lime flavoured sweets. We have strongly lime-scented shower gel at home and I can't count the number of times I wanted to squeeze it into my mouth because it smells so good.
- I own a pair of maternity jeans! My parents bought them for me when they found them reduced at Mothercare from something stupid like £40 to £14. They are a little baggy in parts at the moment but they are so comfy and, regardless of bump, I wore them at the weekend and it was bliss. The first pair of jeans I have worn in a while and they just so happen to come with a stretchy band at the front. You win some, you lose some.
- I have had reported sightings of The Glow. Yes, several people have told me I'm glowing or I look great, which has been nice to hear, when I've been feeling like that girl from The Ring; deathly pallor and crap hair included.
That seems to be it so far, but as soon as the bump gets bigger, I will be sharing it on here!